Friday, August 28, 2009

Window to the soul...



Ready to talk about some eyes? The eyes are definitely my favorite feature to work on as an artist! I'll try to keep this simple as I could probably make this a 5 page blog with all the things I could talk about!

First things' first...Eyeliner!
This is simple... ALL blue eyes should wear brown. Now whether it's medium brown or a black/brown. It needs to be brown. It is THE BEST compliment to blue eyes and will actually make them bluer! Hazel can go from black/brown to black. And all shades of brown can do black. For day I like to keep the liner on the lighter side and only do the lid or sometimes none at all. Also when lining the inner rim of your eye always use a 'kohl' liner. They are the safest. As far as brands go my repeat has been the Chanel liners in kohl and the waterproof.

Eyeshadow: All I can say for this is BLEND BLEND BLEND!!! My go to brand is always MAC. I love to try new colors from all brands but I always end up going back to MAC for their great pigments. Not too mention they have a huge selection of colors and finishes. They apply really easy and blend amazingly. Makeup Forever has great eye shadows too but not as big selection. My current everyday colors are Jest as my all over shadow and then I put Bronze in the crease and blend. For nights...the sky is the limit with me. I have so much fun trying and playing with color!

And lastly mascara: My favorite to use for myself and on my clients is by far Max Factor 2000 calorie lash in black. Mascara is ALWAYS black. (unless of course you are gonna play it up for night time out!) After going through drugstore, cosmetic counters, and even pro only mascaras I stumbled on this and haven't looked back! It's just too amazing!

I hope this helps kick start some new ideas and experiments! If you have any questions let me know and I'll help!

Good luck and have fun!!!
xo Kate

2 comments:

Stayzz said...

any suggestions for green eyes? i typically wear black mascara and then just an eyeshadow that matches my skin tone. i'm afraid of color just because i don't want to look like a hooker haha.

Kate Marshall said...

For green you can use a pale, soft pink on the lid. Even a bit of shimmer would be great! Jest from MAC is a great color! Then use a raspberry type color in the crease or outer corner. Start light then as you get use to having more color, start playing with the intensity. Be sure to blend and you won't look like a tranny! lol Also if you want to try a liner I would def stick to a black/brown.
Thanks!
xo Kate