Saturday, August 15, 2009

A few of my fave makeup products!


I've gotten a few requests from friends, facebook and the twitter community to post some of my favorite makeup products. Well being a makeup artist and loving everything makeup since I was a teenager (and before but I wasn't 'legally' allowed to enjoy makeup until jr. high! lol), I've really been through the ringer with products! And with the addition of trends and new products coming at us everyday it can be tough to keep up! Not to mention what it does to our wallet! Hopefully I'll be able to direct you to some great products that I love and use in my daily life and work life!

Now after some thinking about my products I want to post I've decided this will deserve multiple posts! So lets start with the 'canvas'! All face products. Then I'll follow with eyes, and all the other stuff!

Concealer: EVERYONE needs to use a concealer! My favorite to use on a daily basis is the YSL Touche Eclat. I use #2 for my cool skin tone.
Now sometimes when I'm going out I will go for a more waterproof one. In this case it is the MAC studio finish concealer. And at $16.50 is way more affordable then YSL.

Foundation: As I posted earlier, my everyday way to use a foundation is to mix a liquid foundation with my moisturizer and apply, then cover with a powder. My all time favorite foundation is by Make Up For Ever. For my oily/combo skin I prefer the mat+velvet. When I go out for an occasion I love it alone to give me a flawless canvas! Their HD liquid is equally amazing!
For the budget conscience I like L'Oreal Infallible at drugstores!

Powder: And finally the powder to set it all! Now I prefer the duo powders. Both MAC and MUFE make the best ones I've come across and I use both. It just depends which one I can get to first when I need it! MAC is called studio fix and MUFE is duo mat.

This may sound like a lot but if applied with a light hand it will give you a great 'canvas' to build on! And of course always modify to what works for YOU!!!

Good luck and have fun!
Kate

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog you have here! I have just become a new follower!!