Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm heading into retro glam!

In preparation for an upcoming shoot I thought I'd give the burgundy lip color a test run. The shoot is a 1930's style look at a "Grand" Pittsburgh location! Do to limited time that I will have to change between an authentic 30's look and a more modern take on 30's glam, I need a way to quickly update it. The solution? A dab of Moth to Flame dazzleglass by MAC applied to the center bottom and top lip.

The key is to get the line very crisp since it's such a dark color...and here's how it goes!


Cover the lips and slightly outside lip line with concealer or medium coverage foundation.
Outline lips with Plum lipliner from Bobbi Brown (make sure its even and symmetrical)
Apply L'Oreal #746 Pure Burgundy* all over lips, blot and apply again.
Go back with your concealer/foundation with a small brush and define the outer lipline.
(this will help clean up and even any 'mistakes')
To finish and bring this lip up to date apply the gloss to center of lips.

*This is on the lighter side of burgundies since myself and the model are blonde. Darker hair and skin tones can go even deeper into the raisin family of colors.

So go retro glam for your next night out with the girls or for that hot date for Valentine's Day!

Come back for the all the looks from my shoot in the next few weeks!

XO Kate

1 comment:

karen said...

KATE CAME TO OUR HOUSE SEPTEMBER 12,2009 TO AIRBRUSH MY DAUGHTER, THE BRIDE, AND HER FOUR BRIDES MAIDS. KATE WAS THE MOST PROFESSIONAL, AT EASE, AND MAGICAL PERSON I HAVE EVER MET. (SHE MADE ME LOOK YOUNG AGAIN.) NOT ONLY WAS SHE PROFESSIONAL, VERY AT EASE AND MADE EVERYONE FEEL THE SAME WAY, AT EASE, BUT DID WAY MORE THAN I HAD EVER EXPECTED. WE WERE RUNNING VERY LATE (THE 2 FLOWER GIRLS GOWNS WERE LITTERLY FALLING OFF OF THEM AND I HAD TO SEW THEM INTO THEIR GOWNS) KATE STARTED TO PACK UP HER TONS OF SUPPLIES SHE BROUGHT WITH HER, TOLD US TO GET GOING, THE LIMO WAS WAITING, AND TOLD US SHE WOULD LOCK UP WHEN SHE WAS FINISHED. SHE WENT WAY BEYOND ANYTHING I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED. I CAN'T POSSIBLY THANK HER FOR EVERYTHING SHE DID TO MAKE OUR DAY. THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR EVERYTHING KATE !! KALYN'S MOM.....KAREN