Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pittsburgh makes an appearance in WWD!!!

I was way excited today when I opened my Thursday issue of Women's Wear Daily and saw that Pittsburgh had made an appearance in it! While Pittsburgh is an amazing place for art and history sometimes we get swept up in the category of a "fashion-lacking" city!
It was great to see that the article was covering denim and pricing, which is thought of for the young and fashion conscience crowd!


While the denim industry is listening to us by what we are willing to pay for a great pair jeans, local denim store owners are speaking up!


Lawrence Scott, owner of Pittsburgh Jeans Company and Candice Gallagher owner of Billie Jeans in Cranberry Twp. are interviewed as saying "When the customers are refusing to pay over $250 for jeans, (especially ones that are torn and shredded and look like they need to go straight for the trash!) we don't keep an inventory like they used to. And manufactures take notice!'



So what price range will get you a noticibly great pair of jeans? Scott and Gallagher agree it's in the $100-$175 range.



As for me...my favorite brands are J Brand and William Rast. You can immediately feel the quality of the denim and the fit couldn't be more flattering!



*High five to the Burgh!!!*



XO Kate

2 comments:

Style Segment said...

Thanks for this info Kate! I only receive online and miss articles like this! You are included in my blog today! Be sure to check it out!

www.pghstlesegment.blogspot.com

Kate Marshall said...

THANKS! I love WWD, keeps me up to date and fills me with inspiration!
I am unable to connect to this link. Just wanted to make sure it was correct.