Friday, September 25, 2009

Couple new powder faves!

I received a new powder this week to try out and its called "mineralize skinfinish" by MAC. Its a powder foundation that is baked and provides a silky coverage to look more natural. Well lets just say the description didn't lie! It's amazing! I first used their prep+prime to prime my skin and add spf. Then I brushed this on with my powder brush and voila! The primer keeps my natural oiliness at bay and the powder covers well but still looks so natural! I had just a nice glow! Of course cover any spots or redness you may have with a concealer then apply the powder. I love that because you use a brush to apply this you don't have to worry about blending like you normally do with a creamy or liquid foundation.

Now if you are just one of those people who must have a 'foundation' then I have a product that is also a great addition. I keep this in my kit at all times! Its MAC set powder in invisible. Apply after your creamy or liquid foundation to set it. Again just brush on with a powder brush to avoid any streaks. The invisible is great since it will match all skin tones.

And one last note, try not to powder constantly throughout the day as by the time your heading out and off to dinner or a date you will look like you have on a gallon of makeup! Its best to blot whenever you feel the urge to powder. You can use either blot papers or single ply of tissue or heck even some toilet paper if you must! Trust me I've used them all!

xo K!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great review! I am looking forward to buying this Mac powder!!!