Friday, December 18, 2009

Feather in my cap...er... dress!


Two weeks ago I had a "brilliant" idea to design and make my Christmas dress! I mean I've watched enough of Project Runway and YouTube videos that it should totally be a piece of cake! Haha...not so much! I had the design but then it came down to actually executing it.

Well after 3 trial muslin dresses my mom and I finally got a pattern down that I was happy with. The result is a white silk sleeveless dress with a black lace overlay with sleeves. And as the final touch...feathers for the collar! It wasn't a perfect dress but I was proud and excited to wear it for my hubs company Christmas party. The best part was no one could tell I made it! lol Whew!

Needless to say I'm over my clothes making phase!

Merry Christmas!

XO Kate

No comments: